FOR RELEASE Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Mississauga ON – After receiving all the applications for the second round of the Altitude Accelerator Incubator, the new cohort has been selected! “Two words I can use to describe my feeling toward the new cohort of companies entering our second Incubator Program – very excited! We have an excellent group of people whose companies’ are poised to move quickly and expeditiously while they are evolving and growing their technologies. I anticipate great things to be accomplished from this group” said Tim Scott, Entrepreneur-In-Residence at Altitude Accelerator. The second cohort of companies include:
• Drinkable Air Canada offers atmospheric water generators (AWG) which enables people to enjoy pure 99.9% clean water. Drinkable Air’s Chameleon line of AWG’s is a cost‐effective and environmentally friendly solution to the world’s ever‐growing need for pure, clean drinking water.
• ColdBlock Technologies have developed the ColdBlock™, which will change the way analytical global laboratories conduct sample digestion prior to analytical analysis in mining, environmental, food, pharmaceutical, research and agricultural applications.
• CLUES have developed an online questionnaire to help understand why you, your partner, family and coworkers think, act and feel the way you do. The CLUES experience offers real-world tools and tips to help you get along better, avoid conflict and enrich your home and work relationships.
• DUBGEAR designs, develops and sells high quality portable wireless audio products that have a UNIQUE twist in usability. They have introduced the DUBSTEIN, the ultimate fusion of Music & Drink! It contains bluetooth stereo speakers integrated in a drink holder.
• CHAR Technologies has produced SulfaCHAR, a cost-effective, sustainable and truly zero-waste solution that is a charcoal-type filter made from by-products of the anaerobic digestion process which removes harmful biogas and converts it into a beneficial agricultural fertilizer additive.
“Altitude Accelerator is making a difference for me, while I make a difference in homes and industries. RIC has helped me find resources and contacts in Marketing, Finance, Research and PR. Accelerated growth is evitable.” said Julie Murphy, Managing Partner at CLUES.
The Altitude Accelerator Incubator creates a collaborative peer-to-peer network while offering professional services and technical support over a six months term. The RIC Incubator does not pursue an equity position nor any claim on the company’s intellectual property. Some of the most-beneficial resources of the incubator program include:
- Accelerated programming to help clients meet significant milestones within six months
- Access to experts and coaching through Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and Volunteer Advisors
- Essential connections to industry and market channels
- On-site business lecturing and collaboration
Tenants can also access technical expertise and research facilities through the Xerox Research Centre of Canada’s fee-for-service model.
The next incubator cohort will begin in January 2015. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the Altitude Accelerator website.
About Altitude Accelerator
Peel Region’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship, the Research, Innovation, Commercialization (RIC) Centre was launched in 2008 as a not-for-profit organization supporting the development of innovation and entrepreneurship in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon. Altitude Accelerator provides commercialization support to help new entrepreneurs and seasoned business people take technical innovations to market, with experienced advisors and Entrepreneurs in Residence who guide its clients every step of the way. The Altitude Accelerator’s mission is to build an innovation ecosystem to support community prosperity across Peel Region.
289-373-3050 ext. 202