The Public Health Agency of Canada has developed a comprehensive consultation strategy explaining how ongoing input and feedback will be solicited from stakeholders and other interested parties on the development of the program and regulatory framework required to fully implement the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act (HPTA). The Strategy was developed as a result of a national pre-consultation initiative (Phase One of Four) and ongoing engagement with provincial and territorial counterparts.
Interested and affected parties will be consulted at various stages of the HPTA regulatory development process through in-person events, technical workshops, and on-line means.
Please note that the Public Health Agency of Canada will be hosting consultations on the Human Pathogens and Toxins Act (HPTA) in Ontario on the following dates in Toronto, ON:
- April 9, 2013 – Academic Research (including Hospitals)
- April 10, 2013 – Hospital/Private Diagnostic and Other Sectors
- April 11, 2013 – Industry (Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical)
If your organization is handling any human pathogens or toxins; you should be aware of the impacts of this legislation.
Below is additional information on the consultations:
- Participant Criteria Operational Challenges Workshops
- Invitation HPTA Consultations / French
- OVERVIEW OF THE HUMAN PATHOGENS AND TOXINS ACT (HPTA) / French
For more information or questions, you can contact the consultations single window (email@example.com) or the Manager, Outreach and Stakeholder Engagement, Julia Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may also subscribe for email updates on the Agency’s activities relating to the promotion of biosafety and biosecurity in Canada.