Marketing is a key way to raise awareness for your startup. But for most people, running a business while managing your company’s marketing can be difficult. That’s why a majority of startups struggle to get it right. Amarpreet Kaur, Web Producer at Creative Destruction Lab, will speak at Beyond Business Basics on September 20th, 2018. She will cover the fundamentals of digital marketing , the different types of digital marketing strategies, marketing and sales automation, and best practices for small business with a tight budget. Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
What is one thing startups don’t consider when launching their digital marketing efforts?Startups need to think about where their audience is. It’s really important to see where it’s worth putting in the most effort on digital channels. I’ve seen organizations spend time, money and resources in social media channels and other digital platforms where their potential customers, partners, investors and other stakeholders would never interact with their content. Another really important thing is planning. It is so critical to think before you start on social media. This obviously includes research on your audience, but it also needs to include:
- What kind of content are you sharing?
- When will you share it?
- What channels will you use?
- Will you develop your own content or are you going to re-share preexisting content?
- Will the whole team participate or is one person dedicated to it?
- What’s the company voice? Casual, professional, strict, loose, lay-man, technical, etc?
- How will you measure success?
- How much time and resources will you dedicate to this process?