Dedicated industry and subject matter experts volunteer their time and skill to help our clients navigate challenges and achieve their goals.
- Urs VilligerCleantech, ESG, Sustainability, and Renewable EnergyUrs VilligerCleantech, ESG, Sustainability, and Renewable Energy
Cleantech, ESG, Sustainability, and Renewable Energy. Marketing and Sales.
- Todd GriersonBusiness Advisor, Growth Expert and Coach | Grierson Consulting IncTodd GriersonBusiness Advisor, Growth Expert and Coach | Grierson Consulting Inc
There are several moving parts to running a successful business. Most companies have areas of their business that run seamlessly while operating around a few critical issues that block their potential for success.
But here’s the thing, when you ask the right questions, the opportunities are usually hidden in the details. You just have to know where to spot them.
As a business mentor and growth expert I help owners and leaders of small to medium-sized businesses think bigger, focus on what matters and improve the way they operate. I know what questions to ask and what details to look for to clearly identify what’s really standing in the way.
In fact, I have developed an entire process called the Opportunity Matrix to help you and your team create an action plan to streamline your company’s performance to increase your profitability, efficiency and value. The success of our plan may include training, on site support and guidance. Basically, whatever it takes to ensure you win!
My process is the result of over 25 years of operations, procurement, sales, marketing, leadership and strategic planning experience – as both a leader and business owner. For example, I purchased Elmira Poultry a company I once worked for and developed a strategic plan, shared a clear vision our employees stood behind, standardized the operating procedures and improved our technology and manufacturing capacity. Within 6 years our sales grew from $29 million $50 million and then sold the company. Since then I have gone on to help other businesses and have developed a proven frame work that gets results.
If you have questions about your business, my approach or simply want to uncover a few opportunities in the details let’s connect!
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing; Agricultural Technology; Food and Beverage; Marketing; Operations; Sales
- Sumit BhatiaDirector, Innovation and Policy at Rogers Cybersecure CatalystSumit BhatiaDirector, Innovation and Policy at Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst
Sumit is a business strategist and operational leader whose work has focused on helping organizations embrace emerging technologies and transform digitally. He have worked with diverse organizations from fortune 500 companies and large academic institutions to complex start-ups. These experiences have helped shape his expertise in organization wide change management initiatives with a focus on digital transformation.
Sumit’s research interests span across the fields of Cybersecurity and Public Policy, Technology and Culture, Immersive environments & Gamification and Ethics of Technology.
Digital Media and ICT; Cybersecurity; Digital Business
- Stephen BeneyPartner, Bereskin & Parr LLPStephen BeneyPartner, Bereskin & Parr LLP
Digital Media and ICT;Mergers and acquisitions, IP (Intellectual Property; Patents and trademarks), Litigation, Licensing, Corporate law
- Sharn BassiVP of Growth and Talent, CTO BoostSharn BassiVP of Growth and Talent, CTO Boost
Digital Media and ICT; Operations; Technology
- Ron StittManager, Basic Energy
- Rick FindlayCEO, LINCitRick FindlayCEO, LINCit
Rick is a highly experienced and successful entrepreneur who has been mentoring early stage companies for over 20 years. He brings a wealth of knowledge and understanding to assist the early stage entrepreneurs with the challenges of scaling up cleantech innovations. His expertise covers strategy, operations, finance/funding, and marketing/sales, and has a large network to also assist in these areas.
- Richard Szudy
- Raymond KingdonManaging Director, Kingdon CommunicationRaymond KingdonManaging Director, Kingdon Communication
Financial Services; Finance; Operations; Sales; Technology
- Qhalisa KhanAssociate at Active Impact InvestmentsQhalisa KhanAssociate at Active Impact Investments
Cleantech; B2B, Business development, HR, SaaS
- Peter JonesSenior Business Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and GrowthPeter JonesSenior Business Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Growth
Financial Services; Operations
- Patrick BoydellFounder and President, SimplexityPatrick BoydellFounder and President, Simplexity
Patrick Boydell is an award-winning marketing executive and certified brand consultant with 20 years of corporate experience and an international MBA. His firm is simplexity. Here is his website and LinkedIn profile.
With a successful career spanning branding, marketing, research, business development, and advertising for some of Canada’s most recognized brands (MuchMusic, Blackberry, Rogers, shomi, Cineplex, ecobee) in multiple industries, he brings a wealth of executive-level marketing experience.
However, he no longer serves the big firms. His passion lies in helping driven startup founders become the next big thing. He leverages the expertise and proven methods usually reserved for the big, established firms and brings these to Canadian startups.
Consumer Goods; Entertainment; Telecommunication; Marketing; Technology
- Nick KurylukPrincipal, Virtus Insights Inc.Nick KurylukPrincipal, Virtus Insights Inc.
Life Science and Advanced Health; Life Sciences; Manufacturing; Technology
- Nick IozzoPresident, DPM Energy Inc
- Neil D’CruzVP of Business Development Innovation and Client Solutions, DynacareNeil D’CruzVP of Business Development Innovation and Client Solutions, Dynacare
Life Science and Advanced Health; Life Sciences; Marketing; Sales
- Matthew KindreePartner, Pallett Valo LLP
- Mandeep Singh RehalBusiness Development Manager, Ontario Centre of InnovationMandeep Singh RehalBusiness Development Manager, Ontario Centre of Innovation
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing; Education; Technology
- Lyle ClarkePresident & C.E.O, Lyle Clarke & Associates Inc.Lyle ClarkePresident & C.E.O, Lyle Clarke & Associates Inc.
Main Industries: Clean technologies
Areas of Expertise: Sustainability, Commercialization, Strategic alliances ,
Lyle Clarke is a “clean tech” specialist focusing on recycling, waste recovery, resource conservation and management. He also advises product manufacturers, retailers and others with an interest in recycling, sustainability, and product stewardship.
The consumer products business has undergone profound change. Government-mandated recycling and product stewardship programs that reached Canada almost fifteen years ago continue to grow, doubling costs every few years. At the same time, intense competition is restricting margins and market share, necessitating diligent cost control throughout the supply chain.
The pressure to improve environmental performance will continue to intensify, and precipitate continual change. Success will flow to those that understand where change is leading, what impact it will have, and how best to respond. Lyle Clarke is uniquely capable of helping his clients understand how pressures for environmental change impact business, to craft and execute effective strategies to manage risk and control costs, and to leverage innovation to exploit new opportunities.
Lyle has extensive knowledge accumulated over many years in the retail sector, as a Board Director for Waste Diversion Ontario and Stewardship Ontario, and most recently as the head of Stewardship Ontario, one of Canada’s leading product stewardship organizations. Lyle has spearheaded many innovative changes that generated new opportunities for companies that collect, recycle and manage resources; he has attracted substantial new investment to the sector, and he has saved Canadian and global retailers and packaged goods companies many millions of dollars.
- Louis SapiCEO, HS Partners LLPLouis SapiCEO, HS Partners LLP
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Tax/SR&ED, Corporate Finance
Louis graduated from the world renowned Schulich School of Business in 1986 with an MBA and obtained his CA designation in 1985. He established his Chartered Accounting practice as a sole proprietor in 1986 where today he is the managing Partner & CEO, of HS & Partners LLP, Chartered Accountants with 25 professionals practicing in various areas; audits of not-for-profit organizations and Listed (Public) companies, specialty investigative audits, accounting and systems engagements for medium to large clients’, sophisticated tax planning for corporate and personal and estate planning for executives and owner-entrepreneurs.
Aside from the CA firm, Louis has been very engaged in life. He has been entrepreneurial and philanthropic having owned numerous business interests, participating in many charitable endeavors, authoring numerous articles and a book and speaking at various events and conferences over the years. He has also sat on numerous boards in the private, public and charitable sectors.
- Kulpreet KhanujaFounder of Amrik Advisory Inc.Kulpreet KhanujaFounder of Amrik Advisory Inc.
Finance; B2B, Business development, Fintech, Product management, Project management, Raising capital, Renewable energy
- Kevin SmithChief Story Architect, Impact Assured Business Services –> The Story ArchitectKevin SmithChief Story Architect, Impact Assured Business Services –> The Story Architect
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT
Areas of Expertise: Digital marketing, Content marketing, Analytics marketing, Sales training, Business development
- Jonathan LoudonPartner, Swave StudiosJonathan LoudonPartner, Swave Studios
Digital Media and ICT; Medical devices, Product management; Life Sciences; Operations
- John LaceyPresident & Founder, Hydraulic Marketing Group Inc.John LaceyPresident & Founder, Hydraulic Marketing Group Inc.
Digital Media and ICT; Marketing
- Johan De GreefAdvisory Board MemberJohan De GreefAdvisory Board Member
Consumer Goods; Food and Beverage; Manufacturing; Marketing; Operations; Sales
- Joanna MaAssociate, Bereskin & Parr LLPJoanna MaAssociate, Bereskin & Parr LLP
IP; Intellectual Property; Law; Legal Services; Digital Media and ICT
- James AldenVP STRATEGY, BRICKWORKS COMMUNICATIONSJames AldenVP STRATEGY, BRICKWORKS COMMUNICATIONS
Main Technologies: Clean Technologies
Areas of Expertise: Energy efficiency, Renewable energy, Strategic Planning
- Irwin RajPresident, Indigo Marketing Solutions Ltd.
- Inez BlackburnPresident, Market Techniques and InnovationsInez BlackburnPresident, Market Techniques and Innovations
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing; Marketing
- Harry KimEnvironmental Business Executive, Corporate Growth AcceleratorHarry KimEnvironmental Business Executive, Corporate Growth Accelerator
Harold (Harry) H. Kim is Senior Executive with more than 30 years of environmental consulting and contracting experience in various market sectors including mining, energy and infrastructure. A proven team leader investing in people and delivering desired results collaboratively. Client focused team builder promoting collaborations to maximize profitability. A people focused executive with a proven track record of delivering outstanding results. Special strength in growth acceleration in turnaround situations. Broad functional foundation including M&A, Business Development, and Operations in both large multinational company and entrepreneurial experience in a diverse set of industries. Extensive global experience, including USA, APAC, and South America.
Competencies: Top line growth strategies, team building, mentoring, operations, M&A, government liaison, expert witness and legal technical support, environmental engineering, cleantech, climate change mitigation, environmental site assessments, site remediation, and renewable energy.
- Greg StewartPrincipal, Greensky Capital Inc.Greg StewartPrincipal, Greensky Capital Inc.
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Corporate Finance
- Graham McBrideFundThrough, IndividualGraham McBrideFundThrough, Individual
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Strategic planning, Executive management, corporate finance
- Farnaz FekriAssociate Vice President Life Sciences, RBCxFarnaz FekriAssociate Vice President Life Sciences, RBCx
Life Science and Advanced Health; Medical devices, Pharmaceuticals & drugs, Raising capital, Strategic planning
- Doug MetcalfeAccount Executive, KinaxisDoug MetcalfeAccount Executive, Kinaxis
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing; Sales; Technology
- Doug DagworthyCTO, Soluno
- Don HiltonFounder and Managing Partner, Distinct Capital Partners Inc.Don HiltonFounder and Managing Partner, Distinct Capital Partners Inc.
Financial Services; Finance; Sales; Raising capital
- Domenic AliManaging Director, WSI Leap Digital
R. MIT trained and certified, Domenic Ali is a Technology & Digital Marketing Advisor with nearly 25 years of success in leading the delivery of complex solutions in multiple industries.
Supporting over 100 clients in the last 10 years, he brings countless hands-on experiences to growing businesses with the proper use of technology solutions.
Domenic’s Consulting Agency, Leap Digital, is a member of the largest global network of Digital Marketing Advisors.
Well known for his ability to easily communicate complex solutions to all levels of an organization and creating engaging teams that share his drive to succeed.
Digital Media and ICT; Financial Services; Marketing; Technology
- Diana RickettsVP of Strategic Partnerships at LGM Financial ServicesDiana RickettsVP of Strategic Partnerships at LGM Financial Services
Financial Services; Sales
- Deepinder SinghFounder & CEO, Prudle Labs Inc.Deepinder SinghFounder & CEO, Prudle Labs Inc.
Digital Media and ICT; Marketing, Operations, Sales, Technology
- David PetersonCEO and Founder, Optimization CoachDavid PetersonCEO and Founder, Optimization Coach
Digital Media and ICT; Financial Services; Life Science; Advanced Health; Finance; Marketing; Operations; Technology
- David PentonDirector, Southern Ontario Fund for Innovation and Investment (SOFII)David PentonDirector, Southern Ontario Fund for Innovation and Investment (SOFII)
Financial Services; Corporate finance, Raising capital; Sales
- Craig WestCEO, Coldblock Technologies Inc.
- Craig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator FundCraig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator Fund
Main Industries: Digital Media, Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Digital marketing, Cloud (software), SaaS, CRM, e-Commerce
- Chris HodgsonPrincipal, BEAN Partners
- Bruno SolbyVP Commercial, Selected Food Products
- Brenda HoganOntario Capital Growth CorporationBrenda HoganOntario Capital Growth Corporation
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Corporate finance
- Bob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.Bob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.
Main industries: Software & environmental technologies, medical & industrial products & services
Areas of Expertise: Marketing, sales and organisational development; Strategic planning & alliances; Distribution channels
Bob is presently a principle in a Business Consulting firm – SoftAdvantage Inc. The common thread, in all his senior sales, marketing and administration roles over the past 35+ years, has been the building of successful businesses through innovative approaches in market, product, & organizational development. He has been successful at growing sales, coaching organizations, establishing new business ventures, setting up distribution channels & alliances, creating corporate identity and repositioning companies to achieve the business goals. His diversified experience in technology (software and environmental), medical products & services and industrial products in both the entrepreneurial and corporate settings has given him a broad perspective in addressing a wide range of business issues.
- Biju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, EnbridgeBiju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, Enbridge
Biji is a business and technology leader with over 20 years of hands-on experience in driving business transformation and operational excellence to achieve business outcomes. He is passionate about working with organizations and teams at all levels to create new possibilities and drive value creation.
Digital Media and ICT; Cleantech; Operations; Technology
- Behrouz MoemeniCEO, BeMo Academic Consulting Inc.Behrouz MoemeniCEO, BeMo Academic Consulting Inc.
Digital Media and ICT; Education; Marketing; Sales
- Angella KurczykSenior Business Advisor, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and TradeAngella KurczykSenior Business Advisor, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade
Finance; Financial Services; Management; Operations; Technology
- Andrew OpalaChair, Altitude Accelerator & Chief Technology Officer, Simmons Sharpe Inc
- Amit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor – OracleAmit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor – Oracle
Over 15 years of experience, with eight plus years as National technology strategist at Microsoft Canada, in diverse areas including presales, product management, enterprise architecture, mobile application architecture, business transformation, partner readiness and solution selling, across various ERP’s, CRM systems, Azure, AWS, Mobile platforms & Big Data.
Experienced in translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models combined with effective storytelling & communication skills with deep technical knowledge and business acumen, to translate complex technical concepts into plain effective language to influence C-Levels, research analysts and in creating effective content/readiness programs to reach broader community & audience.
Cloud technologist & enthusiast, with in-depth architectural knowledge of cloud platforms primarily AWS, GCP & Azure and vast experience in designing solutions for high availability, performance, scalability, auto provisioning etc. Enterprise framework designing for large scale enterprise applications, big data, cloud transformation, lift and shift, cloud portfolio assessment and cloud scheduling.
Digital Media; ICT; Technology
- Allen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC – IRAP, Ontario RegionAllen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC – IRAP, Ontario Region
- Adam BieryloAssociate, Bereskin & ParrAdam BieryloAssociate, Bereskin & Parr
Digital Media and ICT; Legal Services; Patents; Intellectual Property