The National Research Council (NRC) is awarding up to $1 million to develop and manufacture building technologies that can mitigate airborne transmission of respiratory viruses in buildings lacking a mechanical ventilation system. Deadline to apply is December 23rd, 2022.
The proposed solution should be capable of ensuring delivery of clean air to occupied zones both during and after occupancy while maintaining the accessibility and usability of the space.
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence
For more information and to apply, visit Reducing Airborne Transmission of Respiratory Viruses in Buildings Lacking a Mechanical Ventilation System.