Altitude Accelerator is pleased to announce that IPON is now accepting applications for the initial cohort of companies to receive advanced services from IPON. The advanced service is for entrepreneurs, researchers, business leaders or small-to-medium size enterprises looking for basic Intellectual property (IP) education which is available on-demand. Expert created and reviewed courses are available for free as on-demand self-study materials to anyone interested in learning more about IP. IPON will be publishing recommended basic IP Education courses and webinars that have open access for any interested party.
Three services are available for eligible clients: financial support for the protection and commercialization of IP, micro-credentialing and IP mentorship. Learn more information on IPON’s website.
This initial intake is targeted to medical technology companies, prioritizing those that meet the following criteria:
• 1 –50 employees
• Pre-revenue range between $1-2 million
• Is developing or has an IP strategy
• May or may not have dedicated IP resources (i.e., an in-house part-time IP resource or executive responsible for IP, or external IP service provider that advised the company)
• Have at least $10,000 (preferably $25,000) in their IP budget
• Have registered or unregistered IP to build on, i.e., they either have at least one patent filed or have a formal trade secret program.
Over the next few months, IPON will invite applications from the artificial intelligence and automotive sectors, as well as recipients of the Ontario Research Fund-Research Excellence (ORF-RE).