The backbone of our service is our extensive list of professional advisors. More than 100 professionals volunteer their time and skill to guide Altitude Accelerator companies to their goals. The list of our advisor skills and sectors is impressive.
- Clean Technologies
- Digital Media and ICT
- Life Science
- Operations and Management
- Startup Strategy
- Technology & ICT
- Allen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC - IRAP, Ontario RegionAllen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC - IRAP, Ontario Region
- Amesika BaetaSenior Account Manager, Small Business Solutions, Export Development CanadaAreas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, PR, Government RelationsAmesika BaetaSenior Account Manager, Small Business Solutions, Export Development Canada
Main Industry: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, PR, Government Relations, Market Research
- Amit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor - OracleAmit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor - Oracle
Over 15 years of experience, with eight plus years as National technology strategist at Microsoft Canada, in diverse areas including presales, product management, enterprise architecture, mobile application architecture, business transformation, partner readiness and solution selling, across various ERP's, CRM systems, Azure, AWS, Mobile platforms & Big Data.
Experienced in translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models combined with effective storytelling & communication skills with deep technical knowledge and business acumen, to translate complex technical concepts into plain effective language to influence C-Levels, research analysts and in creating effective content/readiness programs to reach broader community & audience.
Cloud technologist & enthusiast, with in-depth architectural knowledge of cloud platforms primarily AWS, GCP & Azure and vast experience in designing solutions for high availability, performance, scalability, auto provisioning etc. Enterprise framework designing for large scale enterprise applications, big data, cloud transformation, lift and shift, cloud portfolio assessment and cloud scheduling.
- Ana MisraDirector Finance & Investment Management, York Angel InvestorsAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, corporate financeAna MisraDirector Finance & Investment Management, York Angel Investors
Main Industry: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, corporate finance
Ana is a result-driven executive with focus on value creation, with solid entrepreneurial and corporate experience. Ana is one of the founding members & Board members of York Angel Investors Inc. and serves as the Director of Finance. As an Executive In Residence at ventureLAB she provides guidance to entrepreneurs in all areas of the business including: strategic planning, operations, to grow to the next level and achieve successful exit. As one of the Executive members and Managing Partners of Troy Group of Companies, she has been involved in many acquisitions and divestitures including companies in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
She has earned a track record of success in managing complex business initiatives, and achieving exceptional results. During her tenure as CFO at ETL Inc. Ana was instrumental in raising equity capital and taking the company public, on the TSX Venture exchange.
- Andrew CoulsonRegional Director Alliances, Slalom Consulting, IndividualAreas of Expertise: Partnerships and strategic alliances, Sales planning, business developmentAndrew CoulsonRegional Director Alliances, Slalom Consulting, Individual
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT
Areas of Expertise: Partnerships and strategic alliances, Sales planning, business development
- Andrew OpalaChief Technology Officer, Simmons Sharpe Inc
- Andrew VashilkoAreas of Expertise: Product Strategy, Marketing, P&L Management, Start-Up Creation and Exit, External PartnershipsAndrew Vashilko
Transformational portfolio executive, team builder and business co-founder with 20 years of experience in Portfolio Management, Pricing, Business Management, and Partnerships. Track record of uncovering gaps, defining and launching new products and creating multi-million dollar categories and businesses from the ground up at both established and start-up organizations.
- Andrew YoshiokaPresident, Sanbonki Inc.Areas of Expertise: Healthcare (general), Pharmaceuticals, Biotech CommercializationAndrew YoshiokaPresident, Sanbonki Inc.
Main Industries: Life Science and Advanced Health
Areas of Expertise: Healthcare (general), Pharmaceuticals, Biotech Commercialization, Licensing, Strategic planning, Operational efficiency, Executive management
Andrew is President of Sanbonki Inc. a management consulting firm creating asset value, which he founded after a diverse 25 year career in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry.
His generalist knowledge comes from focusing on the customer and achieving results in a variety of roles ranging from product development, general management of a corporate turnaround, and commercialization including sales and marketing and business development positions. He has prepared the team for due diligence activities and completed four merger integration programs with large public traded multinational, small national, and small private venture capital funded startup companies.
- Angella KurczykSenior Business Advisor, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and TradeAreas of Expertise: Business Development & Management, Consulting, CoachingAngella KurczykSenior Business Advisor, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
Angella is a business professional with over 30 years in a variety of industries and roles such as business development, general management, entrepreneurial, coaching, and consulting. She is a small and medium-sized business specialist and a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) with a proven ability to identify impactful and practical growth and innovation solutions to today’s business challenges.
- Anthony SturgeonSenior Account Manager, Export Development CanadaAreas of Expertise: ICT, EconomicsAnthony SturgeonSenior Account Manager, Export Development Canada
Anthony is a Senior Account Manager with EDC's Technology Sector Team, where he works exclusively with companies in the Information, Communication and Technology Sector.
Previously, he spent six and a half years working as an economist at one of Canada's leading economic consulting firms, The Centre for Spatial Economics (C4SE), where he gained a deep understanding of the economic factors that Canadian companies face, both domestic and foreign.
- Biju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, EnbridgeAreas of Expertise: Business Transformation and OperationsBiju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, Enbridge
Biji is a business and technology leader with over 20 years of hands-on experience in driving business transformation and operational excellence to achieve business outcomes. He is passionate about working with organizations and teams at all levels to create new possibilities and drive value creation.
- Bob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.Areas of Expertise: Marketing, sales and organisational development; Strategic planning & alliances; Distribution channelsBob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.
Main industries: Software & environmental technologies, medical & industrial products & services
Areas of Expertise: Marketing, sales and organisational development; Strategic planning & alliances; Distribution channels
Bob is presently a principle in a Business Consulting firm – SoftAdvantage Inc. The common thread, in all his senior sales, marketing and administration roles over the past 35+ years, has been the building of successful businesses through innovative approaches in market, product, & organizational development. He has been successful at growing sales, coaching organizations, establishing new business ventures, setting up distribution channels & alliances, creating corporate identity and repositioning companies to achieve the business goals. His diversified experience in technology (software and environmental), medical products & services and industrial products in both the entrepreneurial and corporate settings has given him a broad perspective in addressing a wide range of business issues.
- Bob GilsonADVISORY BOARD MEMBER, NXL ARCHITECTSAreas of Expertise: Corporate finance, Raising funds, Exit strategies, Mergers and acquisitionsBob GilsonADVISORY BOARD MEMBER, NXL ARCHITECTS
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Corporate finance, Raising funds, Exit strategies, Mergers and acquisitions, Stretegic planning
- Brenda HoganOntario Capital Growth CorporationAreas of Expertise: Corporate finance
- Bruce AnnisVP Sales and Marketing, Knectek Labs Inc.Areas of Expertise: Software sales, Digital Marketing, Product ManagementBruce AnnisVP Sales and Marketing, Knectek Labs Inc.
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT
Areas of Expertise: Software sales, Digital Marketing, Product Management, e-Commerce
Bruce has held senior executive roles at SONY and Samsung Canada. He was part of the pre-acquisition team at Intrigue Technologies, inventors of the Harmony remote control. He was instrumental in setting up retail sales and distribution across North America for this business which was acquired by Logitech. Bruce also managed global sales and operations for BlackBerry mobile accessories. He holds an M.B.A. from the Schulich School of business and a Bachelor Commerce from the University of Toronto.
- Cam WykesChief Experience Officer, PwC, IndividualAreas of Expertise: Business development, Digital marketing, Web Analytics
- Carmen ChiarelloAccount Development Representative, Arrow Electronics
- Chuck AllenCEO, knnct Markets Corp
- Clement NgGreen Century Investment Ltd., IndividualAreas of Expertise: Business development, Team management, Mergers & AcquisitionsClement NgGreen Century Investment Ltd., Individual
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT, Clean Technologies
Areas of Expertise: Business development, Team management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Strategic Alliances
- Colleen CroninPresident, InsightONE
- Corinne SharpPresident, Sharp PerspectivesAreas of Expertise: Sales & Marketing, IT ExpertCorinne SharpPresident, Sharp Perspectives
Corinne is a serial entrepreneur, advisor, and leader with over two decades of experience in IT, sales, and marketing. As President of Sharp Perspectives, Corinne helps companies build partner channels and optimize their sales and marketing results. She is also Executive Director and Co-founder of The WIT Network, a global and local NFP focused on Women in Technology of all ages and stages of their careers. She has worked with IT professionals around the global through her work at Microsoft where she built, led and nurtured one of the largest partner ecosystems within IT.
- Craig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator FundAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, Digital marketing, Cloud (software)Craig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator Fund
Main Industries: Digital Media, Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Digital marketing, Cloud (software), SaaS, CRM, e-Commerce
- David Harris KoladaManaging Partner, Greensoil PropTech Ventures
A seasoned financier, strategist and business builder, David combines a proven track record in Venture Capital investing (direct, fund & Corporate VC) with operational and domain expertise in the ICT and Cleantech sectors. With a top quartile career IRR, David has managed several hundred million dollars’ of venture investments, facilitated hundreds of financing and commercial transactions and raised over $6 billion in private and public equity, debt and structured finance.
- David McGaugheyDirector of Sales - Mobile Security | Giesecke+Devrient Mobile SecurityDavid McGaugheyDirector of Sales - Mobile Security | Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security
David McGaughey is a Business to Business (B2B) sales leader who enjoys helping software and hardware vendors exceed their sales goals. David successfully applies the principle that creatively bridging technology to a customer's unique challenges results in long-term, loyal clients.
He has 20+ years of successful experience managing complex proposals, solutions and contract negotiations related to IT and Telecom voice and data networking, Internet of Things and Mobile Security.
David honed his skills and knowledge while working for companies such as Nortel, Alcatel-Lucent, DSC Communications, Telica, Infinera, Huawei and G+D Mobile Security.
He is a member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario.
In his spare time David enjoys canoeing, camping and skiing with his family and friends.
- David PentonDirector, Southern Ontario Fund for Innovation and Investment (SOFII)Areas of Expertise: Corporate finance, Raising capital
- David ShermanPrincipal, Briar Hill Capital Corp
- David WrightExecutive Director, Angel One Network
- Devin RamphalInnovation and Technology Sector Manager, City of Brampton