The backbone of our service is our extensive list of professional advisors. These professionals volunteer their time and skill to guide Altitude Accelerator companies to their goals. The list of our advisor skills and sectors is impressive.
- Adam BieryloAssociate, Bereskin & Parr
- Amit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor – OracleAmit SachdevTechnical Strategy Advisor – Oracle
Over 15 years of experience, with eight plus years as National technology strategist at Microsoft Canada, in diverse areas including presales, product management, enterprise architecture, mobile application architecture, business transformation, partner readiness and solution selling, across various ERP’s, CRM systems, Azure, AWS, Mobile platforms & Big Data.
Experienced in translating customer needs into product features, user interface design, and pricing models combined with effective storytelling & communication skills with deep technical knowledge and business acumen, to translate complex technical concepts into plain effective language to influence C-Levels, research analysts and in creating effective content/readiness programs to reach broader community & audience.
Cloud technologist & enthusiast, with in-depth architectural knowledge of cloud platforms primarily AWS, GCP & Azure and vast experience in designing solutions for high availability, performance, scalability, auto provisioning etc. Enterprise framework designing for large scale enterprise applications, big data, cloud transformation, lift and shift, cloud portfolio assessment and cloud scheduling.
- Sue ElliottPrincipal, Virtus Insights Inc.Areas of Expertise: Digital Media and ICT, Life Science and Advanced HealthSue ElliottPrincipal, Virtus Insights Inc.
Areas of Expertise: Digital Media and ICT, Life Science and Advanced Health
Main Industry: Analytics marketing, Strategic planning, Team management; Pharmaceuticals and drugs
Sue brings rich experience working with small to medium pharmaceutical/life science focused organizations where she has been able to draw on a background in both science and business. Sue worked with The Synapse Group providing strategic marketing and communication consultative services to pharmaceutical companies across North America. She helped spin out Axiom Real-Time Metrics and grow the business focusing on the development and delivery of electronic data capture (EDC) tools for the life science sector. Subsequent to Axiom, Sue was a principal with EBM Consulting, continuing to develop and deploy EDC tools and provide strategic consulting services. Sue was a co-founder and principal at Virtus Insights Inc., a strategic management professional services firm. Currently Sue is working with Grifols Canada Ltd, as a Scientific Development Manager in the Medical Affairs department.
Sue holds a B.Sc. from McGill University, a Ph.D. (Physiology) from the University of Calgary and an M.B.A. (Marketing/ Financing of New Ventures) from Queen’s University.
- Kevin SmithChief Story Architect, Impact Assured Business Services –> The Story ArchitectAreas of Expertise: Digital marketing, Content marketing, Analytics marketing,Kevin SmithChief Story Architect, Impact Assured Business Services –> The Story Architect
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT
Areas of Expertise: Digital marketing, Content marketing, Analytics marketing, Sales training, Business development
- Xerxes WaniaSerial Entrepreneur – Tech ExecutiveAreas of Expertise: Mergers and acquisitions, IP (Patents and trademarks), HardwareXerxes WaniaSerial Entrepreneur – Tech Executive
Main Industries: ICT, renewable energy
Areas of Expertise: Mergers and acquisitions, IP (Patents and trademarks), Litigation, Raising capital, Strategic planning, Hardware
- Sumit BhatiaDirector, Innovation and Policy at Rogers Cybersecure CatalystSumit BhatiaDirector, Innovation and Policy at Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst
Sumit is a business strategist and operational leader whose work has focused on helping organizations embrace emerging technologies and transform digitally. He have worked with diverse organizations from fortune 500 companies and large academic institutions to complex start-ups. These experiences have helped shape his expertise in organization wide change management initiatives with a focus on digital transformation.
Sumit’s research interests span across the fields of Cybersecurity and Public Policy, Technology and Culture, Immersive environments & Gamification and Ethics of Technology.
- Mandeep Singh RehalBusiness Development Manager, Ontario Centre of Innovation
- Jonathan LoudonPartner, Swave StudiosAreas of Expertise: Medical devices, Product management
- Frank GairdnerCo-founder of TriggerTech, CEO of Carbon MarineAreas of Expertise: IP, Manufacturing, Operational Efficiency, Sales (general)Frank GairdnerCo-founder of TriggerTech, CEO of Carbon Marine
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT, Manufacturing
Areas of Expertise: IP, Manufacturing, Operational Efficiency, Sales (general), Digital Marketing, B2B, B2C, Raising Capital, Commercialization
- Neil D’CruzVP of Business Development Innovation and Client Solutions, Dynacare
- Lyle ClarkePresident & C.E.O, Lyle Clarke & Associates Inc.Areas of Expertise: Sustainability, Commercialization, Strategic alliancesLyle ClarkePresident & C.E.O, Lyle Clarke & Associates Inc.
Main Industries: Clean technologies
Areas of Expertise: Sustainability, Commercialization, Strategic alliances ,
Lyle Clarke is a “clean tech” specialist focusing on recycling, waste recovery, resource conservation and management. He also advises product manufacturers, retailers and others with an interest in recycling, sustainability, and product stewardship.
The consumer products business has undergone profound change. Government-mandated recycling and product stewardship programs that reached Canada almost fifteen years ago continue to grow, doubling costs every few years. At the same time, intense competition is restricting margins and market share, necessitating diligent cost control throughout the supply chain.
The pressure to improve environmental performance will continue to intensify, and precipitate continual change. Success will flow to those that understand where change is leading, what impact it will have, and how best to respond. Lyle Clarke is uniquely capable of helping his clients understand how pressures for environmental change impact business, to craft and execute effective strategies to manage risk and control costs, and to leverage innovation to exploit new opportunities.
Lyle has extensive knowledge accumulated over many years in the retail sector, as a Board Director for Waste Diversion Ontario and Stewardship Ontario, and most recently as the head of Stewardship Ontario, one of Canada’s leading product stewardship organizations. Lyle has spearheaded many innovative changes that generated new opportunities for companies that collect, recycle and manage resources; he has attracted substantial new investment to the sector, and he has saved Canadian and global retailers and packaged goods companies many millions of dollars.
- Sharn BassiTech Entrepreneur, Startup Coach and Advisor
- Brenda HoganOntario Capital Growth CorporationAreas of Expertise: Corporate finance
- Inez BlackburnPresident, Market Techniques and Innovations
- Bob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.Areas of Expertise: Marketing, sales and organisational development; Strategic planning & alliances; Distribution channelsBob AlsipBusiness Development Consultant, SoftAdvantage Inc.
Main industries: Software & environmental technologies, medical & industrial products & services
Areas of Expertise: Marketing, sales and organisational development; Strategic planning & alliances; Distribution channels
Bob is presently a principle in a Business Consulting firm – SoftAdvantage Inc. The common thread, in all his senior sales, marketing and administration roles over the past 35+ years, has been the building of successful businesses through innovative approaches in market, product, & organizational development. He has been successful at growing sales, coaching organizations, establishing new business ventures, setting up distribution channels & alliances, creating corporate identity and repositioning companies to achieve the business goals. His diversified experience in technology (software and environmental), medical products & services and industrial products in both the entrepreneurial and corporate settings has given him a broad perspective in addressing a wide range of business issues.
- Louis SapiCEO, HS Partners LLPAreas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Tax/SR&ED, Corporate FinanceLouis SapiCEO, HS Partners LLP
Main Industries: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, Tax/SR&ED, Corporate Finance
Louis graduated from the world renowned Schulic School of Business in 1986 with an MBA and obtained his CA designation in 1985. He established his Chartered Accounting practice as a sole proprietor in 1986 where today he is the managing Partner & CEO, of HS & Partners LLP, Chartered Accountants with 25 professionals practicing in various areas; audits of not-for-profit organizations and Listed (Public) companies, specialty investigative audits, accounting and systems engagements for medium to large clients’, sophisticated tax planning for corporate and personal and estate planning for executives and owner-entrepreneurs.
Aside from the CA firm, Louis has been very engaged in life. He has been entrepreneurial and philanthropic having owned numerous business interests, participating in many charitable endeavors, authoring numerous articles and a book and speaking at various events and conferences over the years. He has also sat on numerous boards in the private, public and charitable sectors.
- Richard SzudyAreas of expertise: Environmental Business Expert Specializing in Climate-Change and Renewable Energy Project Development
- Nick IozzoPresident, DPM Energy Inc
- Andrew OpalaChair, Altitude Accelerator & Chief Technology Officer, Simmons Sharpe Inc
- Ron StittManager, Basic Energy
- James AldenVP STRATEGY, BRICKWORKS COMMUNICATIONSAreas of Expertise: Energy efficiency, Renewable energy, Strategic Planning
- Raymond KingdonManaging Director, Kingdon Communication
- Todd GriersonBusiness Advisor, Growth Expert and Coach | Grierson Consulting IncTodd GriersonBusiness Advisor, Growth Expert and Coach | Grierson Consulting Inc
There are several moving parts to running a successful business. Most companies have areas of their business that run seamlessly while operating around a few critical issues that block their potential for success.
But here’s the thing, when you ask the right questions, the opportunities are usually hidden in the details. You just have to know where to spot them.
As a business mentor and growth expert I help owners and leaders of small to medium-sized businesses think bigger, focus on what matters and improve the way they operate. I know what questions to ask and what details to look for to clearly identify what’s really standing in the way.
In fact, I have developed an entire process called the Opportunity Matrix to help you and your team create an action plan to streamline your company’s performance to increase your profitability, efficiency and value. The success of our plan may include training, on site support and guidance. Basically, whatever it takes to ensure you win!
My process is the result of over 25 years of operations, procurement, sales, marketing, leadership and strategic planning experience – as both a leader and business owner. For example, I purchased Elmira Poultry a company I once worked for and developed a strategic plan, shared a clear vision our employees stood behind, standardized the operating procedures and improved our technology and manufacturing capacity. Within 6 years our sales grew from $29 million $50 million and then sold the company. Since then I have gone on to help other businesses and have developed a proven frame work that gets results.
If you have questions about your business, my approach or simply want to uncover a few opportunities in the details let’s connect!
- Amesika BaetaSenior Account Manager, Small Business Solutions, Export Development CanadaAreas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, PR, Government RelationsAmesika BaetaSenior Account Manager, Small Business Solutions, Export Development Canada
Main Industry: Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Strategic Planning, PR, Government Relations, Market Research
- Allen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC – IRAP, Ontario RegionAllen Porstner-ScheukaIndustrial Technology Advisor, NRC – IRAP, Ontario Region
- Rick FindlayCEO, LINCitAreas of Expertise: Strategy, Operations, Finance/Funding, Marketing/SalesRick FindlayCEO, LINCit
Rick is a highly experienced and successful entrepreneur who has been mentoring early stage companies for over 20 years. He brings a wealth of knowledge and understanding to assist the early stage entrepreneurs with the challenges of scaling up cleantech innovations. His expertise covers strategy, operations, finance/funding, and marketing/sales, and has a large network to also assist in these areas.
- Stephen BeneyPartner, Bereskin & Parr LLPAreas of Expertise: Mergers and acquisitions, IP (Patents and trademarks), Litigation
- Walter GarrisonAdvanced Manufacturing Business Integrator, City of Mississauga, EDOAreas of Expertise: Consumer goods, tooling, high volume manufacturingWalter GarrisonAdvanced Manufacturing Business Integrator, City of Mississauga, EDO
Main Industries: Manufacturing
Areas of Expertise: Consumer goods, tooling, high volume manufacturing, Distribuition
- Joanna MaAssociate, Bereskin & Parr LLP
- Colleen CroninPresident, InsightONE
- Andrew VashilkoAreas of Expertise: Product Strategy, Marketing, P&L Management, Start-Up Creation and Exit, External PartnershipsAndrew Vashilko
Transformational portfolio executive, team builder and business co-founder with 20 years of experience in Portfolio Management, Pricing, Business Management, and Partnerships. Track record of uncovering gaps, defining and launching new products and creating multi-million dollar categories and businesses from the ground up at both established and start-up organizations.
- Anthony SturgeonSenior Account Manager, Export Development CanadaAreas of Expertise: ICT, EconomicsAnthony SturgeonSenior Account Manager, Export Development Canada
Anthony is a Senior Account Manager with EDC’s Technology Sector Team, where he works exclusively with companies in the Information, Communication and Technology Sector.
Previously, he spent six and a half years working as an economist at one of Canada’s leading economic consulting firms, The Centre for Spatial Economics (C4SE), where he gained a deep understanding of the economic factors that Canadian companies face, both domestic and foreign.
- Julia DavouriePartner, Small World Group Ventures LLC
- Michael ListPrincipal, Greensky Capital Inc.Areas of Expertise: Corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, raising capital
- Neil PeetSenior Associate, GreenSky Capital Inc.
- Stuart BrowneCEO & Founder, Pycap Venture PartnersAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, sales (general)
- Richard ZsoltAssociate, Eventi Capital Partners
- Marat MukhamedyarovFounding Partner, Good News Ventures
- Mark HylandManaging Partner, High Park Angels
- Karl SchabasManaging Director, Verstra Ventures
- Mark LawrencePresident, NorthCrest Partners Inc
- Biju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, EnbridgeAreas of Expertise: Business Transformation and OperationsBiju MisraDirector of Corporate Business Services, Enbridge
Biji is a business and technology leader with over 20 years of hands-on experience in driving business transformation and operational excellence to achieve business outcomes. He is passionate about working with organizations and teams at all levels to create new possibilities and drive value creation.
- Greg StewartPrincipal, Greensky Capital Inc.Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Corporate Finance
- Graham McBrideFundThrough, IndividualAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, Strategic planning, Executive management
- David PentonDirector, Southern Ontario Fund for Innovation and Investment (SOFII)Areas of Expertise: Corporate finance, Raising capital
- Don HiltonFounder and Managing Partner, Distinct Capital Partners Inc.Areas of Expertise: Raising capital
- David ShermanPrincipal, Briar Hill Capital Corp
- Patrick BoydellFounder and President, SimplexityAreas of expertise: Brand foundations, brand strategy, go-to-market strategy.Patrick BoydellFounder and President, Simplexity
Patrick Boydell is an award-winning marketing executive and certified brand consultant with 20 years of corporate experience and an international MBA. His firm is simplexity. Here is his website and LinkedIn profile.
With a successful career spanning branding, marketing, research, business development, and advertising for some of Canada’s most recognized brands (MuchMusic, Blackberry, Rogers, shomi, Cineplex, ecobee) in multiple industries, he brings a wealth of executive-level marketing experience.
However, he no longer serves the big firms. His passion lies in helping driven startup founders become the next big thing. He leverages the expertise and proven methods usually reserved for the big, established firms and brings these to Canadian startups.
- David Harris KoladaManaging Partner, Greensoil PropTech Ventures
A seasoned financier, strategist and business builder, David combines a proven track record in Venture Capital investing (direct, fund & Corporate VC) with operational and domain expertise in the ICT and Cleantech sectors. With a top quartile career IRR, David has managed several hundred million dollars’ of venture investments, facilitated hundreds of financing and commercial transactions and raised over $6 billion in private and public equity, debt and structured finance.
- Julian ParrMarketing Senior Manager, DLTlabsAreas of Expertise: B2B; Business development; Cloud (software); Content marketing; Digital marketing; Email marketing; Enterprise software; Fintech; Marketing (general); Marketing strategy; PR; SaaS
- Domenic AliManaging Director, WSI Leap DigitalAreas of Expertise: Business Development, Cloud (software), Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, e-Commerce, Email Marketing, Enterprise Software, Executive Management, Lead Generation, Marketing automation, Marketing strategy, SaaS, Software, Strategic Alliances, Team ManagementDomenic AliManaging Director, WSI Leap Digital
R. MIT trained and certified, Domenic Ali is a Technology & Digital Marketing Advisor with nearly 25 years of success in leading the delivery of complex solutions in multiple industries.
Supporting over 100 clients in the last 10 years, he brings countless hands-on experiences to growing businesses with the proper use of technology solutions.
Domenic’s Consulting Agency, Leap Digital, is a member of the largest global network of Digital Marketing Advisors.
Well known for his ability to easily communicate complex solutions to all levels of an organization and creating engaging teams that share his drive to succeed.
- Craig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator FundAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, Digital marketing, Cloud (software)Craig LeonardInvestment Director, Investment Accelerator Fund
Main Industries: Digital Media, Financial Services
Areas of Expertise: Raising capital, Digital marketing, Cloud (software), SaaS, CRM, e-Commerce
- Clement NgGreen Century Investment Ltd., IndividualAreas of Expertise: Business development, Team management, Mergers & AcquisitionsClement NgGreen Century Investment Ltd., Individual
Main Industries: Digital Media and ICT, Clean Technologies
Areas of Expertise: Business development, Team management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Strategic Alliances
- Vishal KothariManaging Partner, Red Lane Capital
- Peng FuChief Executive Officer, Novatio Ventures, IndividualAreas of Expertise: Raising capital, corporate finance