The Sheridan College Pilon School of Business is recruiting Altitude Accelerator clients to participate in their annual capstone projects. This is a undergraduate student team-based course during January-April 2016 and it is the final course before students graduate and get their degree. The student teams are being paired with startups and SMEs who need help assessing new business opportunities. This is a great opportunity for you to take advantage of free student talent to advance your business objectives. Past project examples include: market research, feasibility of entry into a specific region or international market, business development, business plan, expansion plan, breakeven analysis, benchmark studies, etc.
Target clients are those where student teams can help assess a new business opportunity. Included in the work would ideally be:
- The scope is broad enough that students can apply many of the skills and knowledge learned over the 7 academic as well as the co-op semesters. This is a double credit course.
- What is important is that the client provides adequate internal resources to ensure students receive information and the client must be available to meet with the students and to provide the guidance required to do the job properly. Clients should treat this project as if they were paying the students and want to ensure they get their money’s worth. Clients are also expected to share any existing research or data with the student team within the first two weeks.
- An assessment of the business opportunity through secondary market research.
- Students will provide a strong and in-depth analysis of the information provided. (quantitative and qualitative)
- Students will develop the appropriate aspects of a business plan the client will need to consider to develop the opportunity.
- It is also possible to take on a major business process review project such as a client’s supply chain or aspects of it. It would have to be a major client though with enough complexity to make the project worthwhile.
- Other project examples may include: market research, the feasibility of entry into a specific region or international market, business development, business plan, expansion plan, breakeven analysis, benchmark studies, etc.
Deadline for applications: October 30, 2015
Get in touch with your primary Altitude Accelerator advisor if you have any questions.