January 22nd, 2013 – 8am to 11:00am
BMO Institute for Learning
(3550 Pharmacy Ave., Toronto, Ontario)
The Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (SoPE) is a physician led, not-for-profit, global biomedical and healthcare innovation and entrepreneurship network. Members include entrepreneurs, investors, industry members and service providers. The mission is to help biomedical and medical professional entrepreneurs get their ideas to markets and patients by providing members with education, networks, resources and mentors.
This inaugural meeting of the Ontario Chapter of SoPE is open to all health professional entrepreneurs. The session will provide a series of educational speakers as well as a focus session to determine the interest in and sustainability of an Ontario Chapter of SoPE.
Click here to register.
Confirmed Topics & Speakers:
New Models of Partnerships to Further Commercialization
- Patrick Clifford, Director of Research, Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Dan Wasserman, Executive in Residence, VentureLAB
Perspectives from a Physician Entrepreneur
- Dr. Rob Horvath, Founding President
Accessing Risk Capital, Expert Panel
- Guy Jarvis, Managing Director, Strategic Advisory Services Group
- Beni Rovinski, Managing Director, Lumira Capital
- Michael Kousaie, Head of Business Development – Tech & Clean Tech, TSX and TSXVE
- Daniel Bock, Director Business Development, GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
ABOUT LSO: Life Sciences Ontario strives to be the unified Voice of Life Sciences in Ontario by representing the interests of the diverse life sciences community in the province through advocacy, education, facilitation of economic development and promotion of the industry locally, nationally and internationally.