February 19 & 20 – Fairmont Royal York, Toronto
The Conference Board of Canada’s Centre for Business Innovation is hosting the Business Innovation Summit, a major two–day event that focuses on how to re-think, re-new and transform firm-level innovation in Canada. It explores the real-life challenges and opportunities of innovation within firms—and features tangible solutions that work. An exciting combination of high-profile keynote speakers, special interactive presentations and delegate-expert sharing offers participants unique insights and tools to improve innovation results in their own organizations.
The Summit is international in scope, attracting presenters and participants from across Canada and around the world, and features topics such as:
- Canada’s Entrepreneurial Future – how start-ups can help narrow Canada’s innovation gap and help Canada become more competitive globally.
- Innovators and Capital Markets – the challenge of financing business innovation in Canada.
- The Power of Big Data – how organizations can benefit from its use and how investment opportunities can help Canada achieve future growth.
- Funding and Growing Innovation in Canada – how more companies can successfully gain funding from angel investors.
- Developing Skills that Create an Innovation Culture – creating a corporate culture for commercialization success.
- Lessons from Corporate World Leaders – success stories from leading innovation nations: Germany, Israel, Switzerland, and the United States.
The Centre for Business Innovation is bringing together over 300 participants including: senior business leaders and decision makers, key innovation experts, venture capitalists and other types of investors, entrepreneurs, government officials, leading academics, and Canadian institutes and associations focused on innovation. You’ll hear from leading organizations including:
- Amanda Lang, Senior Business Correspondent, CBC News and Co-Host, The Lang & O’Leary Exchange
- Terry S. Stuart, Chief Innovation Officer, Deloitte Canada
- John Lutz, President, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Brian Coupland, Managing Partner, Staples Innovation; Director, Innovation and Marketing, Staples Canada
- Brenda Rideout, Chief Marketing and Technology Officer, ING DIRECT Canada
- John Ruffolo, CEO, OMERS Ventures
- Ross Finlay, Co-Founder and Director, First Angel Network Association
- Michelle Scarborough, Chair, National Angel Capital Organization (NACO)
- Nitin Kawale, President, Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- Mike Andrade, Executive Vice-President, Diversified Markets, Celestica Inc.
- Waguih Ishak, Division Vice-President and Director, Corning West Technology Centre, Corning Incorporated (United States)
- Andy Yang, Managing Director and Chief Innovation Hunter, Extreme Startups
You can register online here or contact Diane Charlebois at 1-800-267-0666.
SPECIAL DISCOUNT: Members of Altitude Accelerator can save $545 on this event from the Conference Board of Canada. Our rebate code is PRM10 to receive the special rate of $950!
For more information on the event, please contact Tracie Jones at 613-526-3090 x 286, or firstname.lastname@example.org