TiEQuest 2013 now accepting applications
- Over $150,000 in prizes and an opportunity to win up to $1,000,000 investment from sponsoring funds
- Mentoring to all contestants from successful entrepreneurs and business leaders in the industry
- Opportunity to present to, network with and be judged by fund managers, angel investors and venture capitalists
- Multi-stage competition which forces contestants to give considerable thought to business models and success factors
Entry Deadline: January 31, 2013 @ 11:55 p.m. EST
Enter the competition here: http://www.tiequest.org/
Competition is open to all in Canada and USA.
TiEQuest contestants have gone on to raise Angel & Venture Capital financing, grown their businesses, and have been acquired. TiEQuest has over 25 success stories.
TiEQuest’s Chair, Haroon Mirza, was a TiEQuest 2007 contestant. His company, CognoVision, finished as a semi-finalist in the contest, went on to be named “Canada’s 2009 Innovation Leader” by the Canadian Innovation Exchange and was acquired by Intel in 2010.
Both our prior year winners, Rna Diagnostics (2011) and Simple Systems (2012) have each raised $2 million in funding since their participation in the competition.
- The competition is based in Toronto and is open to all existing and aspiring entrepreneurs in Canada and USA.
- The competition is open to all types of entities (corporation, partnership, proprietorship, etc.) established by between 1 and 5 entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Contesting entrepreneurs may not be directors or officers of TiE, or family members of competition organizers or judges.
- Contesting entrepreneurs may not be members of more than one entity entering the competition; each entity may only make one submission.
- Submission must be the entrepreneur’s original idea – proof of origination should be available.
- The business idea may be new or already implemented.
- Total third-party funding raised in the business as of date of entry should not exceed $2,000,000.
- The contestants must have developed the business venture themselves and be serious about seeing the business venture through to reality
Please visit www.tiequest.org for further details.