The June 2011 issue of Regional Innovation News is now available online.
In company news:
- GE Healthcare opened its new Pathology Innovation Centre of Excellence and DVS Sciences moved into new quarters in Markham.
- OCE invested in P&P Optica and C2C Link to help commercialize their promising technologies
- Intel invested in SecureKey Technologies while Profound Medical and Morgan Solar secured additional Series A and Series B funding respectively
In government funding news:
- NSERC announced grants for several programs and FedDev Ontario funded two Toronto technology start-ups
- Ontario invested in $3.6 M in GSK’s expansion, $2.9M A.U.G Signal and $500K in Cineflow
Local research organizations have been extremely active:
- UOIT opened the Automotive Centre of Excellence
- OICR spun off three new companies
- GSK and MaRS Innovation formed a 3-year strategic partnership to commercialize promising research
- The new Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine opened at UToronto
TRRA update includes: